This group is the top governing body of our local Center. It is responsible for the overall vision and policy of the Seattle Shambhala Center, and engages in an ongoing assessment to ensure that our local Center remains true to the Shambhala vision. The Governing Council typically meets on the first Wednesday of the month.
Membership on the Governing Council is based on Shambhala’s four-pillar leadership model: Government, Practice and Education, Kasung, and Economy.
Current Governing Council members are:
- Michael Busby, Center Director
- Cheyenne Covington, Center Rusung
- Sydney Munger, Director – Practice & Education
- Cynthia Bradshaw, Chagdzö – Finance
- Greg Wolk, Director – Culture and Decorum
- Terry Jaworski, Director – Societal Health & Well-Being
- JoAnn Schindler, Council Secretary
The most recent minutes for the Council meetings can be found below: