Heart of Recovery Group (Seattle Shambhala Center)
Meditation for People in Recovery
Every Wednesday evening from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at the Seattle Shambhala Center in Madison Valley.
The Heart of Recovery is a group meeting at the Seattle Shambhala Center focused on sharing support while bringing together contemplative practice and a commitment to recovery to addictions of all kinds. Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program in a familiar and comfortable environment. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
Meeting format includes:
- Sitting meditation practice
- A topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night’s facilitator
- Discussion and exploration by group members
- Sharing our personal experience, strength, and hope
- Dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners from any tradition
- 12 Step practitioners from any program
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
Occasionally there may be a change in the schedule so it’s always good to check the calendar before you come to be sure we are meeting on any given Wednesday.
Please join us!
The meeting is free to attend, but we ask for a donation of any size to help cover rent.
Location: Seattle Shambhala Center, 3107 E Harrison St, Seattle.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].