“Heart of Recovery” Group
Ongoing every Wednesday, 7 – 8:30 pm
Location: Dragonfly Holistic Healing, 760 N 34th St, Seattle (in the Fremont neighborhood)
This meditation and discussion group brings together Shambhala Buddhist meditation practice with the Twelve Steps recovery programs. Meetings are anonymous and confidential and explore the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners.
Meeting format includes:
- sitting practice
- a topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night’s facilitator
- discussion and exploration by group members
- sharing our experience, strength and hope
- dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), or
- 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
Note that occasionally there may be a change in the schedule — so it’s always good to check the calendar before you come, to be sure we are meeting on any given Wednesday.
For more information, please see heartofrecovery.org. For questions, please contact Kevin at email@example.com or 425-610-9515. The meeting is free to attend, but we ask for a donation of any size to help cover rent.