Heart of Recovery Group
****Located at the Seattle Shambhala Center in Madison Valley****
Meditation for People in Recovery
Every Wednesday evening from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at the Seattle Shambhala Center’s main location, 3107 E Harrison St, Seattle WA.
The Heart of Recovery is a group meeting focused on sharing support while bringing together contemplative practice and a commitment to recovery to addictions of all kinds. Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program in a familiar and comfortable environment. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
Meeting format includes:
- sitting practice
- a topic offering in the form of brief comments or a reading by the night’s facilitator
- discussion and exploration by group members
- sharing our experience, strength and hope
- dedication of merit
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners from any tradition
- 12 Step practitioners from any program
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
Occasionally there may be a change in the schedule — so it’s always good to check the calendar before you come, to be sure we are meeting on any given Wednesday. For questions, please email email@example.com. The meeting is free to attend, but we ask for a donation of any size to help cover costs.
Please join us!